Soul Stimulation is not your average blog, its a resource of motivation for your soul (YOUR mind, YOUR will, YOUR emotions). Allow the articles, which are written by various writers, to incite your dormant places and excite your bored places. No matter your race, gender, religion, sexuality, or age...become reinvented as your soul becomes stimulated.



Blessings Too Many to Count


I have gone through a period in my life where I found myself focusing on all the things that just aren't going right- ongoing doctor's visits, financial setbacks, and I cannot leave out the fact that I still don't get an answer when I open the door to my house and shout "honey I'm home" to the walls. Just one night Lord, I want to be able to tell the girlfriends that I can't make it to movie night because my 'boo' and I have plans. Why does it seem that nothing works in my favor? It's always something.

A mood like this called for a bit of mall therapy, so I yielded to the urge. While browsing past store after store, a passerby swooshed by me unlike the ones that I previously encountered; a woman in a wheelchair with no feet who was quite engaged in her Christmas shopping. Though it was just a light breeze that brushed by, it knocked the wind out of me.

I honestly wondered, what motivates her to get out of bed to face the day? I looked down at my feet. It was as if it were the first time that I noticed they were there. I have had several health obstacles but I can still walk from store to store. I often take for granted the fact that God has brought me through a childhood battle with Leukemia. It's been over twenty years since then. Why do I take my life so lightly?

Why do I hit the panic button every time the doctor sends me for another test, when my life bears decades of evidence of His power. Cancer, blood transfusions, surgeries, cut off from job promotions, self esteem problems, NO MAN...... a family that loves me, friends that have my back, a house, a car, a church home, creative abilities, a Master's degree, a working mind, a God (Jesus) who loves me so much that He always comes through. 

Turn the flash light on while the sun is out and it really has no effect, but it's amazing how much you can see in the dark when that little bulb goes on. Sometimes darkness forces us to shed light on those blessings in our lives that otherwise go unnoticed.

Anonymous Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment