Soul Stimulation is not your average blog, its a resource of motivation for your soul (YOUR mind, YOUR will, YOUR emotions). Allow the articles, which are written by various writers, to incite your dormant places and excite your bored places. No matter your race, gender, religion, sexuality, or age...become reinvented as your soul becomes stimulated.



Revised Definitions

"Wonder if we tried a new thing
Looked inside, see what we can bring. 
Forget who you're supposed to be.
Take all crazy flavors, show them off to me.
If we dare to wonder about what holds us down,
the fears, the doubts,
Could we spark something, watch it grow?
Be more wonder-filled than we know."

If you have been watching television lately, you have probably watched an Oreo cookie advertisement with a very catchy tune and the above lyrics written across the screen.
I have always thought that God doesn't speak to me, because I never had a "Burning Bush" experience. Also, I never had a prophet point me out at church to tell me God's great plans for my life. I never even had the messenger experience; you know when someone comes up to you and says that the Lord told them to tell you..... Come to think about it, I don't aspire to have the kind of relationship with a god who sits in a circle, and plays "pass the message". As a matter of fact from experience I have learned that in those scenarios a piece of the message always gets twisted.
I am realizing that if I have a close relationship with God He does not have to start a fire to get my attention. I am learning to embrace His simple but powerful "ah hah" moments.

This Oreo song struck a cord for me. Thousands, probably millions spent to get consumers to embrace the Oreo cookie as much more than two dark chocolate discs with a white cream filling in the middle. The makers of the ad drew the viewer in because we can all identify.
We struggle to show our own "crazy flavors" because we are often boxed in by the fear of not being who others perceive us to be. We place our own suffocating definitions on our lives. The mention of just a few words instantly bring just one image to mind for most of us;
Beauty- be honest, most of us think of some model airbrushed or spanxed into existence.
How about the word "Educated"-Harvard right?
How about Beauty- size 12, pleasantly plump, and the wash board stomach got washed away?
Educated- couldn't afford college but I learned on the job and worked my way up.
Come on admit it. If you are on an online dating site and you have a university degree, you probably cringe when you realize that a suitor's education description is listed as "high school".

In December 2013 Oxford Dictionary was updated to include 500 new words, and more than 1000 revisions of words and phrase because of usage.
What aspect of your life do you need to redefine? What skills are lying dormant that you need to put to use?
The only peace you need, you'll get from your one on ones with God. Get off the phone. You have Googled enough testimonials about using a parachute. Now jump!

SS Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment